We change organizations so they can change the world.
New Media Mentors is a hands-on learning program that trains nonprofits to design and run winnable campaigns. We help organizations expand their reach and influence, maximize their impact, and achieve their goals.
The program is based on the principle that using new media such as email, social media and social action technology effectively is key to an organization’s success both on and offline, and must be woven through all parts of an organization. New Media Mentors' “learning by doing” model insures the adoption of new knowledge and skills.
We work with groups so they can:
- Make social media work effectively
- Experiment with new types of advertising
- Develop rapid response programs
- Measure the impact of new media work
- Mobilize supporters
- Grow their support base
- Design powerful email programs
- Develop strategic new media plans
- Choose the right tools for impact
New Media Mentors offers Digital Academy courses that pair group learning and 1:1 mentoring, tailored mentorships, and custom services.
Since the program’s inception in 2011, New Media Mentors has worked with dozens of organizations that promote equality, fairness and justice. Those social justice and environmental organizations are now working more effectively, reaching more people in more communities and having greater impact across the board. Groups we’ve worked with include:
- Maine People's Alliance
- Missouri Jobs With Justice
- Oregon Environmental Council
- Oregon Natural Desert Association
- Pesticide Action Network
- PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- TakeAction Minnesota
- Washington Community Action Network
- Washington Environmental Council
- Advocates for Youth
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
- California Immigrant Policy Center
- Californians for Justice
- Center for Food Safety
- Climate Solutions
- Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Environmental Working Group
- Gay-Straight Alliance Network
- Green Corps
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement
New Media Mentors is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives and is run in partnership with Netroots Foundation.
We'd love to talk to you about working together. Click here to reach us.