New Media Mentors is looking for a new Program Director to join the team! Details are below.
New Media Mentors Program Director
Netroots Foundation is seeking a new media professional to join our New Media Mentors program. Netroots Foundation (NF) is a 501(c)3 organization that is closely associated with Netroots Nation. Our mission is to advance knowledge, understanding and support of progressive values in the United States at the national, state and local levels through educational events, media and special projects.
New Media Mentors is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives in partnership with Netroots Foundation. The primary responsibility of the Program Director will be to promote, manage, deliver and continue to develop this successful program. They will work with dozens of progressive non-profits and other groups who want to use new media strategically to increase their effectiveness and outreach.
This is a unique opportunity to build progressive infrastructure by working with Netroots Foundation, Netroots Nation and Community Initiatives.
This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the US.
- At least 7 years of experience using new media and online organizing successfully on campaigns or with an advocacy and/or non-profit organization
- A proven track record of strategic thinking and creating new ways to campaign, communicate and organize online
- Experience working in a consulting or training capacity, ideally conducting training classes (in-person or online) for new media and online organizing topics
- Proficiency with a variety of action tools, email platforms, video tools and social media metrics platforms
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and tenacity for handling multiple issues and competing priorities from different stakeholders
- Experience and/or comfort working in virtual environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record for working
- under tight deadlines
- Passion for working on progressive issues
- Ability to travel for business occasionally over the duration of this program
- Experience managing projects and preparing reports for stakeholders
Mentoring and Training Organizations
- Mentor organizations and activists virtually, either as part of the Digital Academy courses or custom mentorships. Give feedback and advice on a variety of topics, including:
- Measuring success
- New media roadmap
- Paid advertising & ROI
- Rapid response planning
- Social media
- Social media for press
- Strategic planning
- Campaign planning
- Email development process
- Email testing
- Facebook ads
- Google Analytics
- Ladder of engagement
- List building
- Develop and deliver curriculum, including new ideas for Digital Academy courses, and training materials like PowerPoint decks, templates, worksheets, etc.
Marketing, Promotion and Business Development
- Promote webinars, new tools via Action Network, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms
- Manage website and other technologies
- Meet/speak with potential sponsors and funders
- Grow the program to appeal to larger network of nonprofits and others
- Develop proposals for custom mentorships and multi-group Digital Academy purchases
- Help develop strategic plan for program and update quarterly
- Refine/develop mentoring products and pricing
- Draft reports for funders
- Run team/program meetings
- Manage program tasks and deadlines, including tasks for each Digital Academy course
- Manage activities of additional staff members/consultants working on the program
- Prepare for Digital Academy courses using tools like GoToWebinar, Eventbrite, Google Docs, and Calendly
- Manage the Netroots Nation training program, including coordinating 50+ sessions with trainers, managing the submission/selection process, etc.
- Help at the annual Netroots Nation convention (August 5-14 in Atlanta this year)
- Assist Netroots Nation Staff member as needed and time allows
- Netroots Nation specific tasks typically take about 10-20% annually
This is a full-time position, with benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume/CV and a cover letter including a narrative outlining relevant online organizing and training experience. Include "New Media Mentors Program Director" in the subject line and send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2017.
Netroots Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Netroots Foundation hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.