The New Media Mentors Digital Academy is a program designed to address the needs of organizations with varying budgets, experience and capacity. The Academy covers the most important aspects of successful digital campaigns, based on our experience in the field.
The program is based on the principle that using new media such as email, social media and social action technology effectively is key to an organization’s success both on and offline. New Media Mentors' “learning by doing” model insures the adoption of new knowledge and skills.
The Academy is comprised of three one hour courses. Each course includes:
- Three live interactive group webinar workshops.
- Three additional 1 on 1 one hour mentoring sessions.
- Downloadable worksheets and templates.
Each Digital Academy course includes three interactive 60-minute group workshops. Group workshops are scheduled for specific dates, but recordings will be made available to students who aren't able to make it to the live session(s).
Each course includes three 50-minute 1:1 sessions with a mentor. This is an opportunity to connect with a mentor via video chat and get feedback, ask questions, etc. We recommend that students schedule their 1:1 sessions within a few days of the group sessions (and before the next group session).
Each course includes downloadable tools designed to make it easier for students to implement what they've learned.
Digital Fundamentals & Best Practices
Our most popular Digital Academy course returns this May.
This course is designed to give campaigners a solid foundation for digital organizing, encompassing best practices for using email, Facebook, Twitter and websites for digital mobilization. In this course, we’ll review how to:
- Get the most out of building and segmenting email lists, and boost action rates with techniques like simple A/B testing
- Review the latest smart tactics for optimizing organic reach on Facebook, as well as paid reach options
- Learn time-saving methods to turbo charge Twitter use, as well as demystify Twitter Analytics
- Examine fundamental ways to increase Search Engine Optimization and strengthen landing pages for your website
- Bring all elements together in a comprehensive, cross-channel approach that amplifies each platform
Group workshops are on the following dates. Recordings of the sessions will also be available.
- Tue, 5/8/18, 1-2:30pm ET: Email Best Practices & A/B Testing
- Tue, 5/15/18, 1-2:30pm ET: Social Media Best Practices & Advanced Organizing Techniques
- Tue, 5/22/18, 1-2:30pm EF: Facebook Ads, SEO & Cross-Channel Approach
The course also includes three 50-minute 1:1 sessions with a mentor, to be scheduled by the student (instructions will follow registration).
Eligibility: We work with a broad range of groups fighting to make the world a more equal, fair and just place. On rare occasion we may have a conflict of interest that might prevent us from working together.
We urge you to sign up right away to make sure you get a spot!